MT Meetup #9: Terminology Integration in Machine translation: Does it Work in Practice?
We are back! We are pleased to announce our ninth MT Meetup in Zurich on 25 October 2021. After a longer break, we look forward to welcoming you at our in-person Meetup. An exciting debate on terminology and its use in machine translation awaits you.
Place: Impact Hub Zürich - Viadukt
Capacity: 80 seats
Please RSVP on our Meetup site
Donatella, Philipp and Janine will give a presentation and have an open discussion on the most important aspects of working with terminology in relation to machine translation.
We will look at different aspects of terminology: Starting with the introduction of terminology and machine translation, through best practices and their implementation, to our three experts highlighting opportunities and provide inputs for realisation.
Apéro and Networking
- Philipp Ursprung, Head of Translation Technology at Apostroph Group
- Janine Aeberhard, Translation Technology Specialist at Textshuttle
- Donatella Pulitano, Staatskanzlei des Kantons Bern / Faculté de Traduction et d’Interprétation de l’Université de Genèva
Guidelines for conducting events under Covid-19 regulations
The current situation requires that admission to the Meetup can only be granted with a valid Covid certificate. This way we can enjoy a safe and carefree evening together.
Due to the current regulations, we may only accept certificates in conjunction with a valid ID.
The requirements for obtaining a Covid certificate are currently fulfilled by one of the following points:
- Complete vaccination (min. 2 weeks after the second vaccination)
- Evidence of recovery (not older than 180 days)
- Negative antigen rapid test (not older than 48 h) or PCR test (not older than 72 h)
These regulations might be subject to changes. Further information on the Covid certificate can be found on the BAG-Website. It is the responsibility of each Meetup participant to comply with the Covid-19 regulations in effect on the day of the Meetup.
Interested? Click here to register. We are looking forward to it!